Avvasi Video Service Assurance (VSA) provides service providers with detailed information about the subscriber Quality of Experience (QoE). This helps service providers manage customer relationships to reduce churn and maximize revenue. The VSA solution uses innovative Avvasi technology to determine the QoE for each mobile video session through a passive monitoring probe.
The collected QoE scores, similar to MOS scores, are output as a UDR record and stored locally for retrieval by Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) and potentially ingested by higher level billing or CRM systems.
Service providers can carefully track the quality of the video sessions within the network for both on-deck and over-the-top (OTT) video to assure service delivery and detect any potential trouble spots. High volumes of subscribers accessing OTT video content can affect other subscribers on the network, including those who are paying for on-deck services. Service providers need to be able to monitor the effects that both types of users have on each other’s video QoE.
UDRs allow for post-processing and mediation by the OSS and BSS processes, and ingestion into higher-level CRM systems. This lets the service provider correlate the data for each user in the network with historical records of their delivered service quality. This can be helpful for identifying users who suffer poor service and might be more likely to churn. VSA allows providers to:
- Capture per session records for video quality and collate on an aggregate basis
- Analyze data to determine on-deck subscribers having the lowest QoE who are more likely to churn
- Take proactive steps to target individuals with incentives to stay with the service (such as free content, clips, timed trials to premium services, etc.)
Premium content service assurance
Service providers require both strategic and near term solutions for monetization of OTT video. As the broadcast industry has shown, revenue generating video services demand higher subscriber QoE. This means that QoE measurement becomes the linchpin for any monetization scheme. Using VSA, providers can integrate QoE intelligence with test and measurement, or other OSS/BSS systems to provide triggers for deeper troubleshooting. QoE intelligence can also form the basis of targeted service churn-reduction programs.
Video QoE based troubleshooting
Service providers have the tools to troubleshoot for voice and data services. However, the rapid emergence of video streaming as the dominant application on mobile networks has meant that service providers are now searching for new tools to address QoE issues experienced by subscribers. Avvasi VSA provides the needed analytics and video QoE information to integrate with existing troubleshooting tools and probes. Avvasi VSA lets providers:
- Use video QoE to help troubleshoot network issues
- Focus on KPIs related to user experience
- Take proactive steps to address network issues that affect video QoE
Monitor perceived video QoE
At the core of Avvasi solutions is the Avvasi Q-VUE technology. Deployed as a scalable, passive measurement probe, Avvasi Q-VUE reports mobile video demographics and video-based perceived QoE scores, much like MOS scores.
This innovative technology provides a powerful assurance solution to trigger alerts when detecting poor QoE levels in a specific network location, or during popular sporting or media events. This lets providers:
- Compare relative levels of on-deck versus OTT video service quality
- Measure the delivered video service quality to subscribers on roaming partner networks
- Monitor MVNO subscriber performance
- Unique Avvasi mobile video QoE analysis
- Per session analytics and QoE
- Structured UDR generation for ingestion by charging and billing systems
- Topology-aware video congestion reporting
- Video QoE and congestion correlation