Avvasi is helping service providers address the video traffic growth phenomenon. The Avvasi solutions enable service providers to strike a balance between reducing network operational costs while preserving the subscriber experience.
Xperium Analytics is helping mobile service providers intelligently and cost-effectively design and dimension their networks to handle the growing demand for mobile video.
Xperium Analytics provides a rich suite of unparalleled video traffic analytics tools that enable service providers to monitor, store, collate, and analyze data related to the mobile video network traffic. This data is available from the Avvasi Q-VUE analytics store to create automated reports or to run interactive, ad-hoc queries through the Avvasi reporting client.
- Video optimization planning, dimensioning, business case analysis, and ongoing Service Level monitoring
- Understand the network impact of newer, larger screen devices
- Understand the impact of over-the-top (OTT) video streaming compared to on-deck videos services
Avvasi QoE management is the first industry solution to enable network operators to actively manage their video traffic, using QoE as the Key Performance Indicator to:
- Examine traffic in real time and historically
- Analyse traffic by device, subscriber, session, location, time of day, service, video type and attribute, or any chosen combination
- Visualize network congestion and other problem areas
- Enact policies to automatically apply real-time management of video QoE
- Enforce video QoE levels
- Establish SLAs with OTT providers
- Enable net neutrality in an equitable fashion
- Control device behavior
- Increase virtual network capacity
- Reduce churn, increase loyalty
- Simplify traffic management decisions through a single point of management and measurement for QoE
Avvasi’s video minutes allows networks, for the first time, to measure and manage a video’s quality in real time and to charge for video traffic per minute, rather than per megabyte. This innovation has the double benefit of simplifying the usage, consumption and purchase of video services, while providing a new revenue stream for network operators. Separating video from data traffic will greatly increase chances for network operators to answer the question : “What is your video ARPU?”
Xperium Assurance is designed to provide the same detailed analytics available in the Xperium Analytics product but in a format specifically designed for integration with third party applications such as Operational Support Systems (OSS)/Business Support Systems (BSS), or Test and Measurement systems. Xperium Assurance provides exportable media session records in structured format Usage Detail Records (UDRs). This allows for the capture and export of key mobile video business intelligence for mediation and settlement in mobile service provider business systems. Xperium Assurance follows the Internet Protocol Detail Record (IPDR) standard for the production of XML encoded records. The records are stored locally and are collected through file transfer protocol (FTP) by a mediation system for further processing. The Xperium Assurance solution uses the same innovative Avvasi technology as Xperium Analytics to determine the QoE for each mobile video session through a passive monitoring probe to:
- Reduce video subscriber churn and maximize revenue
- Troubleshoot networks using video QoE triggers