At Avvasi, we are a game-changing, dynamic company focused on providing cutting-edge software and hardware video solutions to mobile network operators. Our product is marketed to exciting, large-scale global media processing markets. We’ve learned that employees will rise to expectations set and all our employees have the opportunity to rise to that challenge. Their work is critical and contributes directly to the success of our customers.
If you are passionate about mobile and networking technology, uphold a firm belief in designing—not hacking—and are determined to develop efficient, well-tested software, then we want to meet you! Bring your potential to one of our exciting teams:
- Platform: This team develops the base, embedded OS and middleware software layers across all the hardware components of Avvasi’s next generation telecommunications computing platforms. These are highly available multi-blade systems that meet the rigorous standards of the telecommunications world, where gear must be up and running 99.999% of the time ¬– that’s only five minutes of downtime a year!
- Hardware: This team is responsible for board-level hardware design, system design and qualification of third-party hardware. Relevant technologies include high speed serial (multi-GHz), power integrity, schematic capture, logic design and simulation, mechanical design, thermal analysis and reliability.
- Packet Processing: This team develops the networking piece of the application software that runs on Avvasi’s platform. This includes a growing list of networking (TCP, UDP, IP) and streaming protocols (RTMP, HTTP, HTTP-LS). Their software supports real-time processing of multiple Gbps of traffic throughput per CPU, leveraging multi-core architectures and advanced threading models.
- Media Processing: This team develops the media processing component of the application software that runs on the Xperium platform. This component supports a growing list of media containers (e.g. FLV and MP4) and audio/video codecs (e.g. H.264 and MPEG AAC). This team is responsible for the software that manages, drives and runs on a dense matrix of media processing chips that is concurrently processing a huge number of media streams.
- System QA: This team must combine the rigors of testing our hardware systems, platform and application software with the complexities of global network topologies, intricate deployment scenarios and Internet-scale traffic and traffic profiles. The team develops software that exercises the full spectrum of Avvasi’s product features and customer deployments in a highly-interconnected and automated lab environment.
- Analytics: This team develops Avvasi’s Analytics Engine, a robust and scalable product for analyzing trends in high volumes of media traffic data. The Analytics Engine provides visibility into media streaming demographics and subscribers’ quality of experience (QoE), which enables service providers to reduce customer churn, improve customer satisfaction, increase profitability and identify new areas for revenue generation and service differentiation.
- Research: : This team develops innovative components of the application software that run on Avvasi’s platform. These industry leading components include quality of experience measurement, media streaming technologies and other components addressing complex multidisciplinary problems. The software interacts with many layers of Avvasi’s platform including packet and media processing enabling numerous product features.